Hi there. If until now you didn’t know about SEO (search engine optimization) then it means you’re site hasn’t get much traffic from search engines. No worries. I’m here to help you a little bit with that. This is my first seo starter guide so bare with me on this.
In big terms SEO can bring you a lot of traffic on your site. Why? Because a well optimized site gets better keyword positions in search engines and therefor better visibility (in our case, more traffic for you). I’m not going to write all the specific stuff you need to do on your site because it’s a document for that that can be found here, but I will talk just about the main stuff.
Main points any SEO starter guide should contain
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make use of the “description” meta tag
- Improve the structure of your URLs
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better anchor text
- Optimize your use of images
- Use heading tags appropriately
- Make effective use of robots.txt
- Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links
- Notify Google of mobile sites
- Guide mobile users accurately
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools
This are the main points you should look on your site and do. For the complete explanation on this points please consider reading the SEO starter guide document (provided by Google).