WordPress is one of the most popular and widely used content management system used for developing websites and managing the online content of the websites. WordPress started out as a blog publishing application and has now grown into a fully fledged web development platform. Clients can always hire a professional and experienced PHP development company and get websites developed on WordPress that are highly search-engine friendly and effective in their purpose.
There are many plugins available in WordPress for SEO purposes that can help the admin in making the website search engine friendly and bringing in more traffic. These plugins are usually available for free and can be easily downloaded and installed in WordPress. We have researched and shortlisted top 5 SEO plugins that can be used for Effective SEO of a WordPress website.
The top 5 SEO plugins for WordPress are:
1) All in one SEO pack: This is the most popular and extensively used SEO plugin for WordPress that helps the admin in optimizing the website for best results in major search engines. All in one SEO pack is one of the most favorite SEO plugins of webmasters and website administrators as it allows even the most non technical users to easily optimize their website. You can add titles, various tags and do much more with this pack.
2) Platinum SEO Plugin: The Platinum SEO plugin is another great SEO plugin for WordPress. It can automatically generate the relevant Meta tags, description etc of the WebPages. Further, it also allows post slug optimization and automatic 301 redirects for changes in permalink. The content duplication is also minimized by this plugin.
3) SEO Smart Links: The Smart SEO Links plugin is able to automatically create internal links by linking the keywords and phrases in the content to other relevant page content on the site. Internal links are also very essential and effective for achieving higher rankings in the search engines and this plugin can help you in creating effective internal links from your blogs.
4) Google XML Sitemaps: The Google XML sitemap can help major search engines in finding your site easily and indexing it in a much better and effective manner. It generates an XML sitemap of the website that will help search engines in finding it easily. Further, it will notify the major search engines whenever new content is added to the WordPress website.
5) SEO Friendly Images: Now-a-days a lot of images are used on the websites to present the information in the form of images. Optimizing these images and making them search engine friendly is another great way of enhancing the ranking of the website on major search engines. The SEO Friendly Images plugin is very effective in optimizing the images on website by automatically adding the alt and title attributes to the images. Thus your images are optimized and would rank higher in the image search for desired keywords.
There are many more plugins available for WordPress to provide SEO features but the above mentioned are the best among them. Clients should also keep in mind that if a website is developed while keeping SEO requirements in mind then the results can be very satisfying. For best results, you should hire an experienced PHP development company who has already developed SEO friendly websites and has good reputation in the industry.
About the Author: Chris Miller is a web developer @ Xicom Technologies which is a leading PHP & Java development company, which provides web application development services, software development, IT outsourcing services online marketing (seo/ppc/smo) & BPO. Custom Web Application developments service from a leading web development company.